Thursday, October 11, 2012

Snake guard in milk

SNAKE GUARD.................everyone use to say "shit, i hate it, ohhhhhhh  nooooooo.............. we dont like the smell.............".I dunno why people(especially my husband, my brother....) use to say such things when i got a topic of this guard. One day i prepared this recipe and served it when my hungry husband came for lunch. I was eagerly waiting for the result in panic, to my surprise, my 'H' said the curry is delicious and he asked me whether it is bottle or ridge guard. Because last night only we bought some fresh vegetables from the farmers market  and he told me to take ridge guard as they are very fresh and he did not noticed when i was purchasing the 'SNAKE GUARD' lol........ I told that it is ridge, you told me to take as they are very fresh(i'm trying to cover my laugh) . Finally when my husband completed his lunch i started laughing, and he was staring at me for what i'm laughing and came to know the truth that it is snake guard not a ridge guard. Proved that snake guard is very  very tasty than ridge or bottle guard.................:):)

potlakaya pallu


Ingredients:

Peeled and chopped guard pieces 2 cups
Chopped onions 1/2 cup
Slitted green chilies 4
Curry leaves 5
Milk 1 cup
Salt
Red chili powder 2tsp

Tempering:

Oil 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric powder pinch
Crushed garlic 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 6

Method:


 Heat oil in a kadai. Add all the items one by one listed under tempering and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add chopped onions and saute till they transparent.
Now add the chopped guard pieces, add pinch of salt. Stir well for 2 minutes, cover and cook with a lid.
Stir in between. Once the guard pieces are cooked add red chili powder, saute once, add milk and cook till the pieces absorbs the curdled milk.
No adjust the salt according to your taste and serve with rice or chapathi.

http://deliciouskitchenrecipes.blogspot.in/2011/10/pongalhot.html
http://deliciouskitchenrecipes.blogspot.in/2011/11/tamarind-rice.html,http://deliciouskitchenrecipes.blogspot.in/2011/11/tangy-fish-curry.html
             

No comments:

Post a Comment